Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Some of My Latest Obsessions

I'm highly influenced by movies, books and especially music, so it's no wonder my friends call me "artsy fartsy." I'm known to go through phases of obsession--listening to a song over and over, quoting a movie for days on end, stealing a few minutes here and there throughout the day because I just can't enough of the un-put-downable book I'm reading.

So here are a few of my current obsessions. Hopefully you'll find value in them and pass the word along to all the "artsy fartsy" members in your social circle.

1. Singer Mikky Ekko - You've heard him sing with Rihanna, now listen to this Louisanna-born, Nashville-bred musician's solo stuff. Soothing and ethereal, Mikky's talent deserve recognition.



2. TV program SCAM CITY - This TV show puts economist and traveler Conor Woodman on the tourist trail in some of the world's most favorite cities to unveil the darker, seedy underside of tourist scams. Props to this Irishman for risking his life and health in the name of consumer advocacy. Fascinating stuff--and essential watching for every traveler...



3. Movie AFTER EARTH - A lot of people say director M. Night Shyamalan lost his mojo after Unbreakable. But I think the criticism shouldn't be that his movies are bad (because in my humble opinion they're not) but that misdirected marketing made them out to be something they weren't in order to boost box-office sales. I think this movie may set the record straight that Shyamalan is indeed a crafty screenwriter and creative filmmaker.



No comments:

Post a Comment